Dry Skin Treatment, Get the most out of your dry skin
The best dry skin treatment is one that:
Moistens our skin
Reverses the signs of aging
You should also be gentle. Dry skin is fragile. Using the wrong products can tighten and break our skin.
But don’t worry. After reading the information on this page, you’ll know how to get the most out of your dry skin.
Ok, let’s go.
5 Ways to Treat Dry Skin with Products
To make the most of your dry skin use mild products than maintains softness and strength.
1. Use a cotton pad and pour some of an eye makeup remover that contains a little oil. Then wipe over the eye area. The oil contained in the product will aid in moistening the dry areas around the eye region. Do not use too much of the product around the area as it can cause puffiness as well as irritation.
2. Wipe off excess mascara using a que tip soaked with eye makeup remover. Do not allow remover to get into your eyes. Just take your time to remove makeup properly from the eyelashes.
3. Use a creamy facial cleanser to cleanse your skin. Leave the cleanser on for a few minutes. Then use a cotton pad to remove the cleanser. Be gentle when removing the cleanser to prevent fine lines and too much stretching of the skin.
4. After cleansing washes your face with water. Use some cool water to splash on your face. This provides your skin with a comforting feeling and enhances blood circulation.
5. Use thick creamy facial moisturizers that will aid in nourishing the skin. These will also supply the skin with the moisture it needs. Allow the moisturizer to be absorbed by the skin for a few minutes. Then apply makeup.
Because the skin is dry avoid products that contain alcohol. Toners and astringents, for example, will further dry out the skin.
Herbal Dry Skin Treatment
Herbs can add to the effectiveness of the products mentioned above. Here are 2 herbal treatments that are great for dry skin:
Use the top of an aloe vera plant and apply on the dry areas of the face. The aloe vera gets rid of dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin. It’ll make your face smooth and supple.
Spray an herbal or floral water mist on your skin during the day. It’ll compensate for lost moisture. You can purchase lavender or you can make it yourself. Add a few drops of essential oils to 4 ounces of distilled water. Or make an infusion of fresh lavender leaves and flowers.
Home remedies can also be used in your dry skin treatment routine.
And guess what……
It’s also cheap. So you’ll save a lot of money this way.
Here’s how to use the things around the house to treat your skin.
- Foundation for Dry Skin Drugstore
- Dry Skin Remedies DIY
- Dry Skin on Face Patches: How to Get Rid of Dry Skin in 15 Minutes?
Homemade Facial Creams
Use an unperfumed base lotion with 3 tbsp of jojoba oils. Add the oil gradually while stirring. Then apply to the face.
Night time Cream:
Use an unperfumed base lotion with a ¼ cup of jojoba or rose hip. Rose hip is excellent for dry skin. Again add the oils gradually while stirring. Then apply to the face.
Honey and egg face pack
This face pack rejuvenates dry skin. They help in decreasing fine lines and even wrinkles.
Here are the ingredients:
½ tsp honey
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp dried skimmed milk
Here’s the procedure:
Mix all ingredients together until it forms a paste. Then apply it to your face and leave for 20 minutes.
The skin will absorb the moisture and proteins from the face pack.
After 20 minutes, gently remove the honey and egg. Don’t be too rough or you can damage the skin.
Orange masks are also great for dry skin treatment. The vitamin C from the oranges nourishes the skin.
Here’s the recipe:
1 tsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp Multani mitti (fuller’s earth)
1 tbsp rose water
1tbsp liquid honey
Now here’s the procedure:
Combine all of the ingredients to form a paste and apply onto skin. Lightly smoothen out the mixture across the face. Leave for 20 minutes and then gently remove.
Dry Skin and Diet
Certain foods we eat can help in dry skin treatment.
Remember what we put into our bodies can show up on our skin. Thus if we eat healthily we’ll have healthy skin.
Here are a few recommendations:
Eat a well-balanced diet of vegetable, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts. Also, eat good quality protein from vegetable sources. Consume lots of raw foods.
Consume garlic, onions, eggs, and asparagus (a plant with cylindrical green shoots or ‘spears’ that function as leaves, the edible shoots of this plant).
Drink at least 2 quarts of quality water every day to hydrate skin.
Eat lots of orange and yellow vegetables. These contain a high level of beta-carotene, which turns into vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for dry skin. It helps prevent wrinkle and fine lines.
- The Right Products For Dry Skin
- Face Serum Recipes For Dry Skin
- Dermatologist Recommended Skincare Tips For Dry Skin Face
- Beauty Tips for Dry Skin
Avoid heat-processed vegetable oils. Use olive and canola oils instead. Heating oil leads to the production of free radicals, which have a negative effect on the skin.