Home / Oily Skin / Oily Skin Treatment – How To Make Oily Skin Work For You
Oily Skin Treatment – How To Make Oily Skin Work For You
Oily skin treatment or treatments should be gentle. Otherwise, we can damage our beautiful oily skin.
Hey no matter what others might say, oily skin is beautiful.
It resists aging better than any other skin type
It is less prone to wrinkles
I guess the only bad things about oily skin are breakouts and acne.
But don’t worry. If you treat your oily skin right, you can avoid the negative.
6 Oily Skin Treatment Tips Using Products
1. The best way to treat oily skin is to use mild facial cleansers.
Choose one that eliminates oil from the surface of your face as well as unclogs pores. But it shouldn?t dry out the skin. Because the epidermis (the visible layer of skin) needs water to remain healthy and supple.
2. Don’t be rough when taking off eye makeup. Use an eye makeup remover that doesn’t contain any oil and soak it using a cotton pad. Press over your eye for a few seconds to make the makeup fade away. Then gently remove it from the eyelids and lashes.
3. Abstain from using normal bath soap. This dries the skin. Instead, use a facial wash that has a little foam to cleanse the face and strip away dirt and oil. Wet your skin first and massage gently with the facial wash. Then rinse with some warm water.
4. Pour some astringent lotion on a cotton ball and wipe your skin with it until it appears clean. If irritation occurs use a mild lotion instead.
5. Use light facial moisturizers to supply the epidermis (the visible layer of skin) with the moisture that it requires. This keeps the skin soft, healthy and moist.
6. Let the skin absorb the moisturizer for a few minutes. Then pat with a tissue to remove the excess moisture. This prevents your face from looking like it was polished.
There you go. If you follow the advice above you’ll get the best of out of your oily skin.
Here are 8 Reasons to Shop online and at Amazon.com for Oily Skin Treatment Products
3 Homemade Treatments for Oily Skin
Homemade recipes are great alternatives to purchasing expensive products. They are cheaper and are easy to make.
Check out some of these homemade recipes below.
Homemade Daytime Cream
Use an unperfumed base lotion and add 1 ‘ teaspoon of cold spring water to it.
Add the spring water slowly while stirring the mixture.
Then rub the mixture on your face. And allow your skin to absorb it.
Homemade Night Cream
Add 1 ‘ teaspoon of hazelnut oil to the unperfumed based lotion, slowly, while stirring. This is suitable just before going to bed.
Oatmeal and Egg Masque
We can even make a homemade mask for our oily skin. Here’s the recipe for one treatment:
1 tablespoon of runny honey
1 egg yoke
4 tablespoon of fine oatmeal.
Mix honey and egg yoke together in a small bowl. Then slowly stir in enough oatmeal to make a soft paste.
Smooth the mask over your face and neck and leave for 15 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water and pat skin dry.
I’ve also found that these herbs: Work well with oily skin.
Here’s how to use them
Use Witch Hazel by applying it to the skin. It’ll absorb some of the skin? Soils.
Lavender is also excellent for oily skin. Moisten your skin with a little bit of lavender water several times per day. It’ll clean your pores.
Diet and Oily Skin Treatment
We can also look at our diet. Eating properly helps improve our skin. Remember what we put inside of us will show up on our skin.
So here’s what I recommend:
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps our skin well hydrated and also rids our bodies of toxins. Toxins contribute to blemishes that are consistent with oily skin. So it’s important to get them out.
Refrain from fatty foods, fried foods, and animal fats. Heat processed vegetable oils should also be avoided. These oils are high in saturated fats. In other words, they add to our skin?s oiliness. Instead, use unsaturated fats such as olive oil or cold pressed canola oil
Also refrain from soft drinks, alcohol, sugar, chocolate as well as junk food. Why not eat fresh fruits and vegetables. They’ll do more for our skin.
A Special Word to You
That brings us to the end of oily skin treatment. Pay special attention to the appropriate products to treat oily skin.
Choosing the right ones will save you a lot of distress.
You can also subscribe below to our ezine/mailing list. We’ll send you more information about: