We have all been in that situation, where we slammed our hand on the snooze button over and over, and wake up a half-hour late. Instead of panicking, follow these few simple tips and tricks to get ready as fast as you can, without being in a complete rush and still looking cute with a put-together outfit and decent hair and makeup.
1. Do a simple and fast makeup look. If you would like me to do a separate tutorial on this, leave a comment below and I would love to. So, after splashing your face with water and making a mess all over the bathroom counter (admit it, we all do it on late days), it is time to start your makeup routine. A late-day makeup look for me is skipping BB cream or foundation and just dotting concealer on my imperfections and blemishes. Then set with a powder. A tip for getting pink cheeks fast is to pinch your cheeks and this way you do not have to do apply any blush or tints. I would skip eyeliner and just add a Color Tattoo from Maybelline, or any other cream base that can be wiped on your eyelids fast and blended easily. Then add mascara and a fast chapstick.
2. Put your hair up into a bun or a ponytail. If you are a girl who has naturally straight or curly hair and doesn’t have to do anything to it in the mornings but brush it, I am extremely jealous of you. My natural hair is just wavy really, and I do not wear it like that at all. So, when running late for school, I either put it in a bun, a braid, or a ponytail. These are great hairstyles that do not require a lot of time or effort. If you do like you’re natural hair, wear it down and braid it back with an accent braid and bobby pin it or add a cute barrette.
3. Choose a simple, but still cute, outfit. For the fall or wintertime, I suggest wearing either leggings/skinny jeans, an oversized sweater, boots, and a beanie. Depending on your dress code, you may have to substitute leggings for skinny jeans. However, this outfit includes staple pieces that can be found in most teen girl’s closets. This outfit is very cute and easy to throw on.
4. Keep the jewelry to a minimum. Let’s be honest. No girl has time to coordinate her jewelry with her outfit when she has ten minutes to get out the door. So, add some silver or gold hoops/studs, and a simple charm necklace and let that be it. Your outfit is already casual too, so you don’t want to add a bunch of jewelry.
5. Brush your teeth. This is kind of an everyday thing, but brush your teeth and get rid of the morning breath. Eat an Altoids too or a Tic Tacs for extra minty breath.
6. Grab your book bag and breakfast, and you are done. My breakfast on a late day consists of a protein bar, and a water bottle. Basically, take anything that you can take in the car and eat on your way to school or in your first-period class if you are allowed. Cold, refrigerated Starbucks is good too.
I hope these few simple tips will help you out when you are running late for school. Let me know what other helpful tip posts you would like to see, and comment down below if you want a running late for school makeup tutorial!