Hypoallergenic products are specialized in treating sensitive skin. These types of products do not contain common irritants
Here’s how we use them:
1. Use a hypoallergenic eye makeup that will soothe your skin. But ensure that you remove it properly. Pour some of the eye makeup removers on a cotton ball and take off the mascara. Then remove excess makeup with clean cotton wool.
2. Avoid using facial washes as well as soap. These will tend to extract the oil and moisture from your skin. Thereby causing it to be more sensitive.
3. Even using mild skin fresheners can expose the skin to the elements. That can injure it. Instead, splash your face with some warm water. This removes the excess cleansers along with eye makeup remover from your skin.
4. Pat your face gently with a soft towel. Don’t rub. Rubbing irritates the skin.
5. Dryness makes sensitive skin worse. Thus use non-scented facial moisturizers. This help to decrease the dryness and also strengthen and smoothening the skin.
Home Remedies for Sensitive Skin
Home remedies are a great way to decrease your beauty budget. But remember, if they irritate your skin, stop using them.
Ok, let’s check out some home remedies.
Here are the ingredients:
Now here’s the procedure:
Grind walnuts and combine with equal amounts of oatmeal and almonds.
Store mixture in an airtight container.
Then when ready to use, mix a small handful into a paste using water.
Next, apply to the face for a few minutes.
Here’s what we need to make a simple face pack:
Any fruits and/or vegetables (except grapes. Grapes have a peeling effect on the skin).
1 tsp mineral water
1 tsp almond oil
In a nonmetallic bowl, chop, grate or mash the fruits and vegetables to a pulp.
Strain off excess juices, which can be used for a health drink.
Add water and almond oil to the pulp.
Then apply the mixture over face and neck avoiding the eye region. This area is too delicate.
Next, lie down and relax for 20 to 30 minutes while the face pack treats the skin
Then massage and rinse off with cool water.
Herbal Sensitive Skin Treatment
Herbs are also a great form of sensitive skin treatment. They add those essential oils to the skin and sooths it.
Here are some herbs you can consider using:
Aloe vera gel, ginkgo, and green tea extract contain antioxidant properties that can help aid with the skin’s sensitivity.
Chamomile is an antibacterial herb that is good for sensitive skin.
Calendula, elderflower, and tea tree oil will sooths your skin.
And olive leaf extract contains healing properties for the skin.
Further Recommendations for Sensitive Skin Treatment
To treat itching and inflammation soak a clean cloth in cool water or cooled comfrey tea. Wring it out and apply to the irritated areas for ten minutes. Repeat this process as often as needed for relief.
Avoid prolonged contact with known skin irritants including chemicals, dust, direct sunlight and water.